- SLP Successes
- Take Action
Minister Dr. Robert Kennedy Lewis
Robert Kennedy Lewis
Minister for Education, Human Resource Development and Labour
Ethical, Honest Leadership
As a life long educator, he continues to be an inspiration to many through his personally accomplishments and continued desire for development. Very spiritual, testament by his strict code of ethics in addition to the mentorship provided to the young and vulnerable, Dr.Lewis continues to be the leader St.Lucia can be proud of.
Dec. 2006 – Present Parliamentary Representative, Castries South (Saint Lucia’s House of Assembly)
Aug. 2007 – Present Adjunct Professor of Mathematics and Statistics – Monroe College, Saint Lucia Campus
Nov. 2008 – Present Director of MBA – Monroe College, Saint Lucia Campus
Aug. 2005 – July 2006 Lecturer of Mathematics and Statistics – Sir Arthur Lewis Community College, Division of Teacher Education and Educational Administration, Morne Fortune, Castries, Saint Lucia.
Dec. 2003 – Feb. 2003 Mathematics Course Lecturer – University of Otago, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Dunedin, New Zealand (Mathematics Bridging Paper, Summer 2003)
Feb. 2002 – Nov. 2004 Mathematics Tutor (First Year Papers) – University of Otago, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Dunedin, New Zealand
Sept. 2000 – Aug. 2005 Teacher of Mathematics – Saint Mary’s College, Vigie, Castries, Saint Lucia.
Sept. 1998 – Aug. 2000 Acting Vice Principal – Saint Mary’s College, Vigie, Castries, Saint Lucia.
Sept. 1995 – Aug. 1997 Head of Mathematics Department – Saint Mary’s College, Vigie, Castries, Saint Lucia.
June 2009 – Present Academic Dean, Monroe College, Saint Lucia Campus
University of the West Indies/Sir Arthur Lewis Community College
- 1999, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009: External Examiner, UWI Final Teaching Practice for Student Teachers of Sir Arthur Lewis Community College, Division of Teacher Education and Educational Administration.
Government of Saint Lucia, Ministry of Education:
- 1992 – 2006: Supervisor and Examiner of National Examinations in Mathematics (Common Entrance, Minimum Standards, Middle School and Standard Six).
- 1992 – 2006: Writer of examination items for National Examinations in Mathematics (Common Entrance, Minimum Standards, Middle School and Standard Six.
- 1996 – 2002: Mathematics Tutor, UWI/EDF Secondary Teacher Training Programme
- 1998 – 2001: Clinical Supervisor, Non-Graduate in-Service Teacher Training Prgramme
- 1994 – 1996: Mathematics Tutor/Facilitator, Comprehensive Teacher Training Project
Caribbean Examinations Council (CXC)
- 1993 – 2006: Assistant Examiner, CXC Mathematics (Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate).
Saint Lucia Teachers’ Union (SLTU):
- 1992 – 1998: Mathematics Lecturer/Facilitator, Saint Lucia Teachers’ Union/OCOD Summer Programme for Teachers
Saint Lucia Mission of Seventh-day Adventists
- 1995 – 1997: Seventh-day Adventists Academy (SDAA) School Board Member
Feb. 2004 – Jan 2005 University of Otago, Department of Mathematics and Statistics:
Dunedin, New Zealand: PhD Mathematics
Nov. 1999 – July. 2001 University of the West Indies, Institute of Business: St. Augustine Campus, Trinidad & Tobago
Post Grad. Executive Diploma (School Management and Administration)
Oct. 1997 – July 1998 University of Cambridge: England, United Kingdom
MPhil Mathematics Education
Aug. 1989 – July 1991 Saint Mary’s University: San Antonio, Texas, USA BA(Hons.) Mathematics
Sept. 1985 – July 1987 Sir Arthur Lewis Community College, Division of Teacher Education and Educational Administration
Morne Fortune, Castries, Saint Lucia, Certificate in Teacher Education (UWI endorsed).