At the Constituency Level, your Labour Members of Parliament will focus on the following priority projects during our next term in Government:
- Construction, renovation, remodeling and establishment of Community Resource Centers and Innovation Centers (CORIC) with WIFI Hot Spots in selected communities in the constituency;
- Construction of a Northern Police Headquarters at Massade;
- Installation of CCTV for surveillance of key areas and roadways;
- Installation of LED street lamps throughout the Constituency;
- Improvement of roads, sidewalks and drainage infrastructure.
- Redevelopment of Babonneau Central;
- Remodeling of the Multi-Purpose Centre to include an Administrative Building;
- Improvement to roads and sporting facilities Infrastructure, including lighting of the Fond Assau Field;
- Construction of the La Guerre Primary School;
- Establishment of a Babonneau Tourism Project, to include Grande Anse Turtle watch, Camping, Hiking, Bird Watching, Exploring, and a Farmers’ Market.
- Construction of Multipurpose Courts in key areas in the constituency, such as Agard, Bisee, Sunbilt and Carellie;
- Completion of the upgrade of the La Clery Playing Field;
- Raising the La Clery river wall;
- Surfacing the Active Hill/Carellie link road;
- Rationalization of lands in Bisee and Active Hill (upper and lower).
- Addressing the occupation of lands at Rock Hall and Bagatelle through the Proud Programme;
- Continuation of the renovations at the Marchand Grounds to include the stands and James Belgrave Court;
- Purchasing an existing building for use as a community centre for the people of Pavee;
- Working together with adjoining constituencies to construct a community centre on government owned lands at the Bocage/Morne Du Don junction;
- Continuation of the program of “Transforming Lives, Building Communities.”
- Completion of the Conway Relocation program;
- Upgrading and modernization of the Castries Market, including the outdoor vending areas;
- Acquisition and relocation of Wilton’s Yard;
- Development of a Human Resource Centre at Lastic Hill;
- Reconstruction of the main waterway from Black Stars, Morne Du Don ending at New Village.
- Construction of a Multi-Purpose Court in Faux-a-Chaux;
- Building a Community Center for Ciceron;
- Repaving of the road from Marigot Bay to Ti Colon;
- Construction of a Multipurpose Court for Upper Ciceron;
- Regularization of settlement issues in the Hospital Road Cemetery.
- Slope stabilization project for La Croix, Trois Piton, Barre Denis, and Sarrot;
- Construction of Human Resource Centres for Forestierre and Derriere Fort;
- Establishment of children play grounds in at least 3 communities;
- Construction of a Park in Odsan;
- Establishment of two Early Childhood Development Centres in Sarrot and Crown Lands.
ANSE LA RAYE/CANARIES
- The construction of a Human Resource Development Centre in Anse La Raye;
- The construction of a Human Resource Development Centre in Canaries;
- The establishment of a Residential Development in Canaries to facilitate the relocation of residents from food prone areas in the village;
- Rehabilitation and expansion of the Jacmel Playing Field to meet FIFA standards;
- Rehabilitation and expansion of the Vanard Playing Field to meet FIFA standards.
SOUFRIERE/FOND ST JACQUES
- Enclosure of the Soufriere Mini Stadium and placing seats on existing concrete benches;
- Rehabilitation of road network in New Development;
- Rehabilitation of Derache road;
- Construction of Esperance /Diamond road;
- Improvement to the water supply in Bouton, Bois Den, Chateau Bellair, and Belle Fond.
- The construction of a Fire Station in La Fargue, Choiseul;
- The construction of a jetty/landing-pier in Choiseul;
- The construction of a Human Resource Development Centre in La Fargue;
- The construction of a road in the community of Franciou;
- The construction of the Park Estate/Gia-Bois Road.
- Sale of lands at Black-Bay/Augier to current occupants, at a concessionary price;
- Complete rehabilitation of the Augier Combined, Laborie Boys’ Primary & Banse/La Grace Combined Schools;
- Completion of the Olibo playing field as well as the upgrade of the Augier and Laborie Playing fields, including lighting;
- Construction of the Banse/La Grace multipurpose court;
- Construction of the Laborie Youth Centre (near Cross Over Park).
- Construction of a new school/Town Hall complex building as a replacement for the badly deteriorating Pierrot Combined School;
- Rehabilitation of the La Retraite/Grace road;
- Construction of a new building block for the Grace Combined School;
- Acquisition of land in the Fond Campeche Bamboo area for water conservation and protection;
- Provision of land and amenities for relocation of affected families at Joyeaux and Morne Cayenne who have been affected by landslides and flooding.
- Completion of the Dennery North water supply improvement project;
- Construction of Aux Lyons /La Pelle link road;
- Re-commissioning of the La Ressource Health Center;
- Establishment of FIFA Goal Project in Grand Riviere;
- Expansion of the Aux Lyons Housing Programme.
- Rehabilitation of the ridge road on the summit of Bois Jolie leading to the WASCO water storage tank;
- Construction of a Human Resource Centre;
- Construction of the community’s main drain;
- Rationalisation of unplanned developments in the constituency to provide title to the affected families;
- Establishment of a modern Community ICT Access Centre with free Wi-Fi to allow residents to make use of technology for education and entrepreneurship.
- Construction of Mini Square in the center of the village of Micoud;
- Construction of a multi-purpose Center in Mon Repos with accommodation for a ftness gym, computers and Wi-Fi;
- Enhancement and beautifcation of Sessene Descartes residence and its compound, for the purpose of undertaking a self-sustaining venture of Heritage Tourism and cultural performances, at Patience, Mon Repos;
- Beautification and enhancement of the Patience Playing Court area;
- Construction of a multi-purpose centre for the community of Praslin (facility to also serve as a hurricane shelter).
- Rehabilitation of Calypso Road;
- Rehabilitation of multi-purpose courts in Desruisseaux, Ti Rocher, Dugard and La Cour Ville and Anse Ger;
- Restoration of lights on Ti Rocher and Desruisseaux multi-purpose courts;
- Establishment of After School Activity Programmes for children of the constituency with limited recreational opportunity (particularly Dugard and La Cour Ville);
- Improvement and upgrading of health care facilities in Desruisseaux and Ti Rocher to provide additional services.
VIEUX FORT SOUTH
- Redevelopment of the seafront of Vieux Fort town, its beautification and transformation so that it becomes a recreational area for the residents of Vieux Fort;
- Beautification of the Bruce Ville Promenade by installing lights and benches along the entire promenade;
- Completion of the process to allow the residents of Bruce Ville, La Ressource, La Tourney, and Cantonment to own the Government lands which they have occupied over the years;
- Continuation of the search for investment to provide employment opportunities for the people of the entire community;
- Extension of the programme of building roads and footpaths in all communities throughout the constituency, including:
- Expansion on the programme to replace the existing bitumen roads in Cedar Heights with concrete roads; and
- Reconstruction of the road linking Beanfeld to the main VieuxFort/Castries Highway. This will the construction of drains and a concrete surface.
Making Government More Accessible and Affordable - Previous
Table of Contents